Terms of Service
Kindly read, understand and agree to the following before using this website, store and service.
All of the following terms and conditions govern all use of this service, which includes the website and all content, the services and products available at or through the website and any programming interfaces, including the store and email, offered as part of the service (the "Service").
By accessing and using the Service you (the "User" and "You") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service agreement ("ToS").
Thetis Ventures Corp ("Thetis", "Us", "We" and the "Company") provides services, including this Service, in the course or regular business as well as project development, business development and technology experimentation, this Service is provided for your personal use, and you are free to use the Service and enjoy the benefits, we ask you to agree to the ToS so that We may continue to offer the Service.
Please read everything on this page carefully and before accessing or using the Service, also please ensure you have read the entire Agreement. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you agree to become bound by the ToS and the overall Agreement of which the ToS is a part. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this ToS, then you may not access the website or use any other parts of the Service as well. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Us, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Service, which we remind you again includes this website, is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old, 21 years in some jurisdictions. Further, from time to time You will be presented with special terms, such as in the cases of special offers and contests, you may elect to agree to such special terms which shall apply in addition to this ToS agreement.
We're optimistic You fully appreciate the need for a fair ToS agreement. We would love that the Service be free from malicious actors, however it's impossible to police for every miscreant who may stumble upon the Service and see it as an opportunity to impersonate or harass. If you believe someone is in violation of the ToS please contact us at the address on the bottom of this page. And please rely upon your own judgement when using the Service, be cautious when another user of the Service claims to be someone or represent an intent, and remember such a person is in violation of the ToS and it would be helpful if you report it when you discover a ToS violation. We welcome your ideas for improving safety and security, please feel free to contact us with constructive improvement ideas.
For Us to be fair and be able to provide the Service we request you comply with the following usage restriction: You may not "meta-search" or "data-mine" the Service using manual, such as but not limited to copying or copy and paste, or automated means such as scripts, bots, spyders, scrapers or other methods including transcription, photographing and otherwise making images. Also You may not in-line link content provided by the Service (i.e., embed a photograph) within a non-Service webpage you control (i.e., a blog, website, short message service, etc.) however you may always link to any page served in the public or non-restricted areas of the Service.
- Your Account. If you create an account on the Service ("Register") you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account including messaging, uploads and downloads. You must not describe or assign keywords to your profile in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and We may change or remove any description or keyword that We consider inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Us liability or expense. You must immediately notify Us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. In the event your contact information changes or you change mobile telephone number you will update your profile in the Service with your new or revised details and Information within 24 hours, you understand that you are solely responsible to do this and understand that such a prompt update helps ensure that not only your messages are not sent to the wrong person but that you receive your messages.
- Registering. If you Register you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Information"), you represent that You are of legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or your jurisdiction. If You provide Information that is untrue or inaccurate or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that You provided untrue or inaccurate Information, We have the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Service or any portion thereof without warning or explanation. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account user name and password as well as restricting access to others on any computer on which you are using or logged on to the Service, moreover you understand and agree that solely You are responsible for all activities on the Service when your account user name and password are used to log in. We encourage You to be prudent is selecting a password, the best ones are "strong" (more info on what "strong" means) which means using a combination of upper and lower case letters and interspersing numbers when you make a password, and please do not use a password that you use on other sites and services, it is always a bad idea to use the same password on different websites and services. You will Register if you are a convicted sex offender.
- Creative Names. We really like creative user names, we encourage you to select the username you most prefer, however if you select a username we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we at our sole discretion believe it's appropriate to do so (i.e., trademark issues, profanity, etc.). The same applies for tag names You may create when using the mapping aspects of the Service, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we at our sole discretion believe it's appropriate to do so.
- Disclosing Personal Information More Safely. When using services such as our mapping service from time to time you may want to mark your location. When showing your location on a map using a mapping service such as ours you may find it prudent to not place a marker directly on your home as you would be disclosing your home address to others using a public mapping service. Please exercise discretion and caution, for example if you make a mark on a map and use your name for the tag you telling the world exactly where you live. When making a mark to indicate where you live You assume full responsibility for disclosure of your location, The Company will not be responsible for any disclosures you make, including your location. Also, when you complete a form, poll or questionnaire you agree to not select "learn more", "contact me", "invite me" or other similar language unless you are giving permission to contact you with offers.
- Communication With Other Users Of The Service. If you contact another user of the Service, you will make it clear you (not Us) are contacting them and (i) disclose your true identity, (ii) be clear regarding the purpose of such contact, (iii) not mislead in any manner whatsoever. You will not solicit via the Service any unlawful multi-level marketing schemes such as a pyramid schemes nor will you solicit any other unlawful activity or business. You shall not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes via the service. You shall not bully, threaten, intimidate or harass other users of the Service.
- Submitting Suggestions And Comments. If you contact Us You agree that We shall have the right to use, without acknowledgement, attribution or compensations to You or any third party all, solicited and unsolicited, feedback and suggestions received by Us from You, in any form, to introduce new services, improve or modify existing services or remove services. Please note that due to volume and time considerations We will most likely not be able to respond to all emails, please understand this is a logistical matter and should not be taken personally. Improving our services is a priority for us and we thank you.
- Monetary Transactions. We, as other services who may process monetary transactions, are or may be required to store and submit transactional data required by a government or governing entity. Forms such as IRS Forms W-9, 1099 and others may be required, you should consult an accountant and legal advisor before collecting revenue via the Service or directly from third parties contacted via the Service. It is your responsibility to ensure you are in compliance with your local and federal regulations, We shall not be responsible for your compliance or notification to you of such requirements.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you maintain a profile, comment, post material to the website or other part of the Service, post links on your profile or the website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Service ("Content"), You are entirely responsible for the Content and any harm resulting from that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio or video file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content does not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to any, including yours, third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), is not hateful, is not discriminatory, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account profile is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods whether electronic or physical;
- your account and profile is not named in a manner that misleads others into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your profile's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Us or otherwise.
By submitting Content to the Service, you grant Us a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly display, create derivative works, sublicense and publish the Content solely for the purpose of providing and promoting the Service. If you have copyright on Content submitted to Us We make no claim to your copyright. Any use or additional uses of Content submitted by You by Us or our licensees does not create any financial or other obligation for Us or our licensees, meaning you will not receive compensation you with respect to Content You submit to the Service. You do not pass title to us for any content you submit, you agree to retain copies of any content You submit and You are not relying upon Us to maintain or back-up copies of content you submit.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, We have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any policy or procedure or is in any way harmful or objectionable in our sole opinion, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Service to any individual or entity for any reason, in our sole discretion. In such instance will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Us for any portion of the Service that is not free or for non-refundable purchases.
- Prohibited Users. If the country you are located in is on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals You agree to not use the website and Service.
- Prohibited Content. Nudity, including but not limited to, nudity or partial nudity of children of any age is prohibited. This includes artistic images, drawings, photographs, cartoons or whatever. This prohibition is to make our lives here simpler, and yours too; there's plenty of places on the Internet for you to post nude images so if you have the urge please do it elsewhere. It's not that we dislike nudity in the real world, it's just that for an online service such as this Service it's easier to prohibit it on our Service than to deal with it. We trust you understand. If you want to come over and get naked and you're over 21 years of age and a top model feel free to send us an email (plain text emails only, no attachments and no solicitations of prostitution please) articulating your motive(s), we probably will not reply but such emails would be perhaps make more fun reading the some of the emails we receive suggesting we need to enhance our members or make her crazy with passion. Further regarding prohibited content, any content that may be deemed to be grossly offensive to our or another online community, including but not limited to, expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred and profanity is prohibited. And promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities is prohibited. Also, content promoting cruelty to animals is, you guessed it, prohibited.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material and Content, including computer software, on and posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for such material and Content's use or effects. By operating the Service the Company does not represent or imply that it endorses the material or Content, or that the Company believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The Company disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from use of the Service, or from any downloading by You of content there posted. Further, some of the content on the Service is supplied to us by third parties including users of the Services, accordingly we hereby excludes any liability for and makes no warranty of any nature in relation to such content; You understand and agree you will not rely upon any of content presented on the Website or on the Services and that you should research all information for correctness and appropriateness at your own cost and that any decisions you make are without reliance upon Content from the Service or The Company.
- Content Posted On Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which this website and other services of the Service links, and that link to this website and other services of the Service. The Company does not have any control over third-party websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their content or your use of those websites. By linking to a third-party website or webpage, The Company does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Company disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of third-party websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As The Company asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Service violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Us in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act procedure which is linked on the main page of the Website. The Company will respond to all such valid notices, including as required or appropriate by removing infringing or allegedly infringing material or disabling links to infringing or allegedly infringing material. In the case of users of the Service who may infringe or repeatedly The Company may, in its sole discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Service or a portion of the Service. In the case of account termination, The Company will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Us or third parties.
- Our and Licensed Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from The Company to you any of The Company's or any third party's intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with The Company or a third party if the Company is a licensee. Trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of The Company or third parties, your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any trademarks belonging to The Company or a third-party.
- Location Of Data. In using the Service You understand and agree that any and all Content You provide, including personal information you may provide to us from time to time while using the Service or when you Register or thereafter, is transmitted, stored and processed on servers in the United States and/or other countries (the "Locations"), you consent to data storage and transmission in and through the Locations and indemnify Us for all costs (including reasonable attorneys' costs) should you or a third party contest or object to such data storage, processing and transmission, including The Company's use of third parties in providing the Service.
- Changes. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these terms and conditions, the ToS and the Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Service following the posting of any changes to the Agreement in full or in part constitutes your acceptance of those changes. From time to time the Company may offer additional services and features through the Service (including, the release of new tools and resources), such services and features shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. By using the Service you understand and agree that in the event We are a party to a merger or are acquired or if We transfer assets or reorganize or sell assets, which may include all or part of the Service, in the event of bankruptcy or any other control, shareholder or other such changes your personally identifiable information and personal data may be transferred. Mergers, asset transfers and other financial and property transactions may occur, by using the Service you consent to such transfers of your personally identifiable information and personal data.
- Termination. The Company may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your account on the Service (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Service, which We remind you again includes this website, is provided "as is". The Company and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither The Company nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Service will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Service at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will The Company, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Us under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. The Company shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond its reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Company, its directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents and licensors, advertisers and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents from and against any and all claims arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service including any liability or expense arising from any claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, including attorneys' fees, including but not limited to your or a third party's violation of the Agreement. In the event that you have any right, claim or action against any user of the Services that You shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to Thetis and hold Thetis harmless in all instances. In the event that anyone brings a claim against Us related to your actions, Content or profile on the website or related to the Service, you will indemnify and hold Us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Company and You concerning the subject matter hereof, and this agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of The Company, or by the posting by The Company of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the state of FLorida, USA, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida, you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this ToS and the overall Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. Any claim against the Company shall be arbitrated solely on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with a claim of any other party. The arbitrator may not change the terms of this Agreement. The arbitrator may award injunctive or other equitable relief to enforce the terms of this ToS and the overall Agreement provided, however, that no injunctive or equitable relief may be awarded that would enjoin or impair The Company's rights or ability to operate the Service. The foregoing shall not preclude The Company from seeking any injunctive or other relief for protection of The Company's intellectual property rights or similar rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Because The Company would be irreparably damaged if the terms of the Agreement were not specifically enforced, you agree that The Company shall be entitled, without bond, other security or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of the Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as The Company may otherwise have under applicable laws. The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to defend or settle, at its option, any action or proceeding arising from a claim that your permitted use of the Service infringes or misappropriates any copyright, or other ownership of a third party. Any arbitration shall take place in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; The Company may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Again, as we mentioned towards the beginning of this ToS agreement, we're receptive to your comments and welcome your ideas. Please feel free to contact us on tos.contact [at] Thetis [dot] com